Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Texas Highway Patrol

Thank you to the State Trooper that pulled me over last night for only giving me a written warning. It was late, I was tired and the idiot in front of me was going 55 in a 65...yes, I was tailgating.

I was completely annoyed until the trooper came to my window and said the following...

"Good evening ma'am. The reason I pulled you over this evening was because you were following too closely. I worked an accident on this same highway 2 nights ago as a result of someone following too closely. I would hate to see the same thing happen to you. You want to give yourself enough room to get out if trouble is ahead of you." All of a sudden I was so less annoyed as I was surprised that this guy actually seemed to care. Who knows what he saw 2 nights prior but it was enough for him to take the time to pull me over to remind me of how unsafe it was. Maybe it was because he was a sweet little old man or maybe because he seemed to care, but either way I will think twice before tailgating again.

No comments: